'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Monday, March 14, 2011

ANDY HARRIS CHOOSES BETWEEN HEALTH CARE PLANS A & B, AS EVERYONE SHOULD

(Dissociated Press)  Representative Andy Harris has announced that he will not be accepting health care coverage through his current employer, the US government. 


"I want to put my money where my mouth is," intoned Harris.


"Everyone remembers, even before I was sworn in, I asked for immediate coverage for me and my family. And when they told me my coverage would not start until I had been on the job for 30 days, I even offered to buy into the government program."


"These was not an unreasonable requests that I was making." 


"Everyone ought to have health insurance . . . Let me rephrase that . . . Everyone ought to have the peace of mind. . . wait a second . . . what I mean is . . . "


"Everyone ought to do what I did."


"I worked out an arrangement with my former employer, Johns Hopkins Medicine, and simply extended my health plan - which is a super duper plan by the way." 


"So, that's what I'm trying to say, everyone ought to just work something out with their former employer. Go with your back-up health care plan, if you want to."


"Now don't get the idea that John Hopkins Medicine did me any personal favors, just because I am a member of Congress. No siree."


"It is just the reasonable and fair thing to do . . . get health care covered either through the government or through a former employer."


"Why we can't pass a law that permits everyone to do what I did is a mystery to me."


"Just get coverage through your work, or your former work, or through the government. All that was offered to me. Nothing wrong with that. Choice is good!"


A Reporter pointed out to Harris that the current Affordable Health Care Act, he had just voted to rescind, provided health care for an additional 30,000,000 people, plus a "public option" that would permit people to buy coverage under the plan.


Andy Harris said, "I didn't have time to read that bill before I voted for it, what with me having to be on the phone with Johns Hopkins to work out my personal health care coverage." 


"First things first, you know. "


"And with me, family comes first."






























"Family comes first."








"Totally."



No comments:

Post a Comment