'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Friday, March 18, 2011

HARRIS: Can anyone tell me if Bert or Ernie are hetero? No you can't!

(DISSOCIATED PRESS) Representative Andy Harris clarifies in his illusive constituent newsletter (Volume 1, no. 468) that his vote to defund public radio also includes public television. 


"Let's be clear, I and my GOP colleagues don't like Sesame Street any more than we like Click and Clack and Prairie Home Companion."


"The problem with these loser programs is they are not clearly husband and wife fare."


"Can anyone tell me if Bert or Ernie are hetero?" 


"No, you can't."


"The producers of those shows deliberately hide these characters' junk." 


"Why? They want to confuse the children into thinking junk can be either or, in the same person."


"If Bert or Ernie or any one of those semi-gay puppets made a pass at one of the cute female hosts, I would feel a lot better about the whole situation."


"Same thing is wrong with Click and Clack. They are 'brothers' we are told. Well, that's not good enough for the GOP."


"We want clearly identified masculine figures for radio and TV role models. A deep voice is not enough, despite Rock Hudson or Barney Frank, no matter what he says and how he says it."


"And don't even get me started on Prairie Home. Send Garrison and his swishy sidekicks and light-on-their-feet musicians back to the prairie, I say."
































. . . back to the prairie . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Click and Clack often make fun of American made cars and praise foreign cars. Typical NPR. I am tired of taxpayer dollars going to such antiAmerican drivel. Send them all to Al Jazeera where they probably came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie,

    Great! I don't see how I could ever agree with you more than I do now. I knew there was something off about those car guys . . . but how do you know what is a "foreign" car anymore?

    Who is Al Jazeera? I remember Al Jarreau. Is that who you mean?

    ReplyDelete