'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ANDY HARRIS REGRETS PLANNED PARENTHOOD DEFUND VOTE

(Dissociated Press) Representative Andy Harris trapped a D/Press reporter in a Capitol Hill elevator to declare his chagrin for his vote the other day to completely defund Planned Parenthood. 


"I'm a gas passer, you know, and I was passing gas just before the vote," Rep. Harris said, "I guess I got a little disoriented.


"Anyway, I regret that vote. 


"We ought not vote on anything without hearing from the parties most effected, which in this case, are PP staff and women who receive a range of medical services at PP offices around the country. 


"Giving everyone a chance to be heard is a huge deal with me. Really, really huge.


"This is why I voted to block a bunch of new EPA regs from taking effect, until business groups in my district have a chance to meet with the EPA and discuss their concerns. 


"It would be totally inconsistent for me to defund Planned Parenthood without giving them a hearing.


"If you have any idea how I can get in touch with Planned Parenthood, contact my office and we'll set something up."











No comments:

Post a Comment