'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Andy Harris: looking for a few good men and women. Young ones, too.









(Dissociated Press) Back in his congressional district for the week, Andy Harris has put out an appeal to his constituents for help.


"I voted to defund Obamacare," Harris said in in interview, "and I expect my constituents to give me some cover. That is not asking too much."


"Is it?" 


Here is the prob.


March 23, is the anniversary of the date the Affordable Care Act was signed into law by President Obama. To commemorate the event, President Obama made a phone call to a young man who, thanks to the law, now is able to stay on his mother's health insurance after college. Eric is grateful, he told the President, for having health care coverage, which otherwise he could not afford.


Andy Harris asked his staff to find a few young adults in Maryland's First Congressional District who are willing to state publicly that they are happy to be losing health care coverage, thanks to Harris' vote.


Trouble is, the staffers have not been able to find a single young adult, who thinks getting tossed off their parents' health care insurance is a good idea for them, personally.


"I don't get it," Harris moaned. "I gave them that tea-party-type vote, even though it embarrassed me to ask for health care insurance from the federal government for my own family."


"Now, when it's time to stand up and be counted, everyone is missing in action. Makes you wonder."


"What's gonna happen when I vote to reduce Social Security benefits and Medicare, and against highway money for I-95 and against farm subsidies for First District farmers?" 












". . . What's gonna happen? . . . "   



No comments:

Post a Comment