'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Andy Harris, Placed in Ambulance, Leaps Out the Back

"Listening to Obama, I began to retch. My staff panicked. "


Calling a (Dissociated Press) reporter to the D.C. condo he shares with Marion Berry ("Marion's my role model - he always campaigns one way, and then goes and does the opposite") Representative Andy Harris was interviewed in the afternoon of April 13, 2011.


"I decided to listen to President Obama give his budget speech this afternoon," Harris said.


"I thought I could handle it but I was wrong," Harris said.


"When the President pointed out that GOP budget proposals cut both transportation and education by more than 20%, I started to throw up. I knew we couldn't come up with anything to counter that. 


"Then, when Obama pointed out that the income of the super wealthy had gone up hundreds of thousands of dollars each year while we Republicans still gave them tax cuts, I ran over to the waste basket and lost my lunch. Even the Tea Party crazoids can't deny that."


"And that's when my staff panicked and called 911."


"Embarrassing, being rolled out of the Cannon Building on a stretcher."


"Not as embarrassing as opposing health insurance for everyone else, while asking for federal health insurance for me, but still . . ."


"Since I wasn't really sick, I jumped out the back of the ambulance when we slowed down at Dupont Circle." 


"Lucky for me, there were couple homeless people just lying there and they broke my fall."


". . . I'm fine . . . thank goodness."




Source: Obama’s Speech on Reducing the Budget (Text); New York Times: 


". . . A 70% cut to clean energy. A 25% cut in education. A 30% cut in transportation. Cuts in college Pell Grants that will grow to more than $1,000 per year. That's what they're proposing . . ."


 . . . We cannot afford $1 trillion worth of tax cuts for every millionaire and billionaire in our society. And I refuse to renew them again."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/us/politics/14obama-text.html















END


  



1 comment:

  1. Funny as hell, Richard! I subscribed, keep me Rolling! Mine: http://jrbaltmd57.wordpress.com
    Check out my: "The Reality of Middle Earth", si vous plait!

    ReplyDelete