'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Friday, April 1, 2011

MESSAGE FROM ANDY HARRIS, APRIL 1ST



If you are going to report on my legislative record, get it right. You have not listed all of the bills which I am co-sponsoring. I am proud to report that many of these bills have nothing to do with fiscal matters and everything to do with federal involvement in the private lives of my constituents. I favor this sort of involvement, which is what being pro-life is all about.

I have co-sponsored  HB 217:

This bill will change Title X of the Abortion Provider Prohibition Act.

The effect of this bill will be to amend the Public Health Service Act to prohibit the Secretary of Health and Human Service (HHS) from providing ANY federal family planning assistance to ANY entity unless the entity certifies that, during the period of such assistance, the entity will NOT perform, and will NOT provide any funds to any other entity that performs, an abortion. 

This bill, as introduced, will not permit any entity who accepts federal money to use money from some other source, to provide abortion services.

I am also a co-sponsor of HB 358, the Protect Life Act. 

This bill amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).

This bill prohibits federal funds from being used to cover ANY part of the costs of ANY health plan that includes coverage of abortion services. 

The philosophy behind these bills is to prohibit abortion services from being paid for by non-federal funds and even by private funds.

While these two bills might be seen as unwarranted intrusions of federal power into how state or private money may be spent, this approach is in keeping with my personal philosophy of government.


My philosophy of government is simple:


Whatever conduct I don't like ought to be illegal.


People I don't like, such as obstetricians and their patients, ought to be treated like criminals.


That's it.


ANDY HARRIS
April 1, 2011


































END













2 comments:

  1. I love Andy Harris' philosophy and agree with him 1000%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Sarah,

    We reveal so much about ourselves in what we say, don't we? And even more in what we do . . .

    ReplyDelete