'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Friday, April 15, 2011

ANDY HARRIS TO MOVE TO MAINE, RUN AGAINST SNOWE

(Dissociated Press) Andy Harris, Representative from Maryland's First District, announced today that he will shortly move to Maine and run against GOP Senator Olympia Snowe in the Republican Primary.


"She just voted against defunding Planned Parenthood," Harris declared. 


"She's finished in Washington."


"Besides, she's older then dirt and ought to be living off social security and medicare - unless we are able to end those programs - and I hope we do."


When a reporter asked Harris why he would leave his just-begun tenure in the House of Representatives and move to another state, Harris responded,


"The Tea Party down on the Eastern Shore is mad at me for joining the democrats and voting a COLA raise for the federal work force. You just can't please some people."


"I guess I should not have voted Yea on that one. But I thought I was voting to approve a cola delivery to the GOP lounge."


"Anyway, the Tea Party types back home are all sweated up about that vote."



"So, it's time for me to go on up to Maine and take a shot at an old lady."


"What kind of name is Olympia, anyway? Doesn't sound very white bread to me."




















END



No comments:

Post a Comment