'WHY GOVERN WHEN YOU CAN POSTURE ?' A HARRIS

Thursday, April 21, 2011

HARRIS CONFIRMS 1957 DOB, APPEALS FOR CALM

(Dissociated Press) Andy Harris, who represents Maryland's First District in Congress voted for a bill that will deny Medicare benefits  to all of his constituents born after 1957. (See Source, below.)


Today Harris issued a statement confirming that he, himself, will qualify for Medicare, since he was born on January 25, 1957.




An informal survey of Ist District residents suggest there is a range of views among the voters.

"I doubt I will need Medicare, since my career plan is to win the lottery," said a fast food employee across the street from Harris' Bel Air office. 

"Harris voted to end Medicare for younger people but not older ones? Why did he do that? I was born in 1980. Why the age discrimination?" asked a women pushing  a stroller containing twins.

"Andy is a doctor, so I can see why he doesn't plan to need Medicare," said a man in a Salisbury, MD coffee shop. "But I haven't heard Andy Harris say he won't use the program, since he will be eligible - and I won't."

"What about the government's promises made to me when I first went to work?" asked a man standing in front of a Cockeysville, MD grocery. "I was born in 1960 and have been paying taxes for thirty-years. That sounds like a contract to me. Why would Harris want to take that back?" 

In his statement, Harris said:



"Consistent with my long standing policy of not taking responsibility for what I actually vote for, the bill we passed ignores the fact that life begins with conception."


"The pro-life bubies missed that one. I didn't."


"Everyone conceived in 1958 and born in 1959 ought to qualify. But if you were born in 1960 or later, you are S.O.O.L."


"I recommend they circulate a petition in Speaker Boehner's district and get this straightened out."



Source:
1. "House Passes Paul Ryan Budget Proposal in Partisan Vote," ABC News, April 15, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=207968&id=&id=27052-9342974-b2L5S4x&t=4







END









No comments:

Post a Comment